Friday, June 24, 2011

SlickTown Gets Dirty



We here at SlickTown have teamed up with the boys at “The Dirty Dash” to offer our citizens a chance of winning a 5-runner team. With this being our big push I thought it appropriate to blog about my experience running the dirty dash in June of this year.
First, I find it important to mention I am not a runner. I don’t typically like to run unless out of necessity. I mean if something scary like a bear, a cougar, my wife, or a wolverine were chasing me you would see me running like a mad man; otherwise, I would prefer being on a bike. I hear runners talk about experiencing a “runners high,” but lets be honest here. I can experience a similar sensation by eating large amounts of chocolate. Runners have to work so hard their bodies do some weird things. Here is a list of the top most embarrassing running problems I read in a runner’s blog.
• Chaffed or bleeding nipples
• Itchy rashes or hives
• Itchy Legs
• Acne on Face, Chest, and Back
• Runner's Trots (Diarrhea)
• Leaky Bladder
• Black or Lost Toenails

I mean seriously, I don’t care how good the “high” is. Who wants to experience running with bleeding nipples, while peeing yourself, and the whole time fighting back an urge to crap your pants? I’ve heard about “runners underwear” I’m starting to think it might be more like runners dippers.

Okay, now that we're clear about my feelings on running, let me tell you how much fun I had trotting/walking the dirty dash. First, who doesn’t like playing in the mud? You’ll see plenty of it on their trails. Second, It was clear to me that everyone there was there to have a good time. Groups came out in full costumes to get dirty. Our theme was, “The SlickTown city slickers;” we were dressed in slacks (that were cut off into shorts) ties and vests. As for the running, a couple members of our team kicked butt and made the race in good time. Me, however, it took a while but guess what? My nipples weren’t bleeding, nor was I fighting the urge to crap my pants--so back off! The best part, a new race started every 20 minutes. There where plenty of people on the trail the whole way helping me feel like I was never in last place.

So, runner or not, get out and enjoy the beautiful scenery at Soldier Hollow, get you heart beating, get dirty, and don’t worry. If you have an uncontrollable accident on these trails know one will ever know.

The cost of the race is $50 per member, but let us cover that for you. Enter to win a 5-runner team through us. Just go to our home page and click on the photo of our team, at the last race, to learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment